Sr. Controls Engineer – Paper and Pulp.
Sr. Controls Engineer – Paper and Pulp
$95000 - $140000 per year|
As a Process Control Engineer, you play a crucial role in the Maintenance and Engineering Department in Mississippi directly reporting to the Process Control Engineering Manager.
- Develop and implement process control strategies for both new and existing processes, focusing on efficiency improvements, optimization, variability reduction, compliance with environmental and safety standards, and equipment/process reliability.
- Evaluate and approve hardware and software designs for new process automation projects.
- Consider the business implications of applying technology to the current and future manufacturing environment.
- Interface with key stakeholders, including plant operators, supervisors, technical and business groups, and maintenance personnel.
- Provide training to operators and maintenance staff on new control functions.
- Collaborate with technical groups on process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in process/maintenance troubleshooting activities and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) investigations.
- Ensure business continuity of process control systems through documentation, training, and managing change processes.
- Share responsibility for weekend and off-hour support for all Process Control mill needs.
- Manage equipment obsolescence plans with migration paths to maintain reliability of DCS process equipment.
- A degree in Engineering or a related Technical field with at least 5 years of experience as a process control engineer. Relevant experience in other manufacturing/engineering positions will also be considered.
- Preferred experience in a paper mill environment.
- Proficiency in control loop tuning, performance evaluation tools, and familiarity with process data historians (e.g., Entech, OSISoft PI, Parcview).
- Experience in coordinating and implementing new and upgraded DCS installations/startups.
- Proficient in configuration and programming on DCS platforms, including Siemens APACS with ProcessSuite Graphics, Win CC Graphics, Siemens PCS, Allen Bradley PLC-5/SLC-500 with RSView/PanelView HMI, G.E. Mark VI with Cimplicity Graphics (preferred).
- Familiarity with Siemens DRC and experience in control strategies related to various processes (Recovery and Power Boilers, Steam/Gas Turbines, Power Generation, Pulping, and Chemical Recovery) is a plus.
- Process knowledge of Continuous Digesters, Lime Kiln and Caustic Plants, Recovery and Power Boilers, Paper Machines, Power Generation, and Waste Water Treatment is desirable.
Competencies: Ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team, Action-Oriented, Functional/Technical skills, Problem Solving, Managing and Measuring Work, Priority Setting, Organizational Skills, Oral and Written Communication Skills, Drive for Results, Managerial Courage, and Customer Focus.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Ed Strong-Frater
SUBMIT YOUR CV
Industrial Automation Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here Industrial Automation Engineer We're a leading beverage company transforming ingredients into delicious beverages...
Senior Site Manager - Waste Plants
To Apply for this Job Click Here Site Manager - Waste / Boiler Location: Cologne, with willingness to travel internationally...
Process Engineer - Waste
To Apply for this Job Click Here Process Engineer - Waste We're looking for process engineers experienced in machine and...
NORWEGIAN TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.