Job Title: Battery Engineer
Reports To: Chief Engineer
The Battery Engineer is responsible for the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of battery systems on maritime vessels. This includes working with a variety of battery technologies, such as lithium-ion, lead-acid, and nickel-cadmium batteries. The Battery Engineer will also be responsible for developing and implementing battery management systems to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the batteries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and select battery systems for maritime vessels
- Develop and implement battery management systems
- Install and maintain battery systems
- Troubleshoot and repair battery systems
- Conduct battery performance testing
- Develop and implement battery safety procedures
- Train and supervise other engineering staff on battery systems
- Stay up-to-date on the latest battery technologies and industry trends
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in battery engineering
- Experience with lithium-ion, lead-acid, and nickel-cadmium batteries
- Knowledge of battery management systems
- Experience with maritime electrical systems
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge battery technologies
- Chance to make a real impact on the maritime industry
This position is based in Stockholm and requires some travel.
Please submit your resume
Why This Job is Important:
The maritime industry is rapidly transitioning to electric propulsion, and battery engineers play a vital role in this transition. Battery engineers are responsible for designing, installing, and maintaining the battery systems that power electric ships and boats. They also play a key role in developing and implementing battery safety procedures.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Danny Arnold
SUBMIT YOUR CV
Senior Quantum Mechanical Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here Senior Opto-Mechanical Engineer - CAD, Quantum Computing, Solidworks, COMSOL, Thermal simulations, Munich A...
To Apply for this Job Click Here Are you a skilled CAM Programmer seeking an exciting opportunity in the heart...
To Apply for this Job Click Here My client develops and builds ultra-short pulsed high-performance lasers based on the disk...
NORWEGIAN TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.