Electrical Power System Engineer.
Electrical Power System Engineer
$90000 - $115000 per year|
The Electrical Power System Engineer is responsible for overall execution of CAS electrical engineering activity during proposal development, project execution, construction and ongoing plant operations. The incumbent will also interact with the customer representatives on a periodic basis along with developing a positive, productive working relationships with vendors and UCA's Operating and Maintenance team.
- Ensure overall electrical design is national, regional and industry code compliant and meets all required safety standards.
- Analyze customer available power systems, assess/recommend optimal electrical substation and distribution design for new opportunities, and provide electrical system input to proposal and estimate development.
- Create power and distribution system models using industry standard tools (e.g., SKM Power Tools, ETAP, etc.) and maintain the models throughout the project and into ongoing plant operations.
- Engineer and design MV substations and MV/LV power distribution systems. Typical system includes 13.8 KV/4160 V Transformers, 13.8 KV/480V Transformers, Neutral Grounding Resistors, 15 KV Switchgear, 5 KV Switchgear, 5 KV Motor Control Centers, 480V Switchgear, 480V Switchboard, 480V Panel Boards, 4160V and 480V Induction Motors, 480V VFDs, and 208V/120V power and lighting distribution.
- Perform Short Circuit and Arc Flash Analysis.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in electrical power system engineering. Experience on utility electrical power system projects or distributed energy resource projects is strongly preferred.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related electrical power systems field with 5+ years of direct engineering experience within an electric utility or MS in Electrical Engineering or related electrical power systems field with 2+ years of direct engineering experience.
- Very strong knowledge of NEC, NFPA, and other industry related codes.
- Experience with power system modelling and analysis tools (e.g., SKM Power Tools, ETAP, etc.)
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD tools
- Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) in any state desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with ability to effectively interface with customers and vendors.
- Travel up to 20% of time with extended time at site possible during staging, commissioning and startup.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Craig Wood
SUBMIT YOUR CV
Analog IC Design Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here Senior Analog / Mixed-Signal Engineer Job Summary The company invites qualified candidates to...
Analog Mixed Signal Layout Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here IC Layout Engineer This role is an integral part of a circuit design...
Biogas Process Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here Senior Process Engineer (BioGas Projects) Join our dynamic team at a leading global...
NORWEGIAN TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.