Electrical Power System Engineer.
Electrical Power System Engineer
$90000 - $115000 per year|
My client is a leader in the air compressor and industrial gas industry. Located in and around the Pennsylvania area while servicing multiple plants in Kentucky and Michigan.
The role of the Electrical Power System Engineer is the execution of CAS electrical engineering activity during proposal development, project execution, construction and ongoing plant operations.
20% travel will be necessary to build and maintain relationships with UCA personnel, vendors and customer representatives.
The clients that we represent are within the automotive and industrial gas sector.
Engineer and devise medium voltage (MV) substations and power distribution systems encompassing 13.8 KV/4160 V and 13.8 KV/480V Transformers, Neutral Grounding Resistors, 15 KV and 5 KV Switchgear, 5 KV Motor Control Centers, 480V Switchgear, 480V Switchboard, 480V Panel Boards, 4160V and 480V Induction Motors, 480V VFDs, and 208V/120V power and lighting distribution.
- Conduct Short Circuit and Arc Flash Analysis.
- Collaborate with customer engineers and inspection authorities regarding electrical matters.
- Draft technical specifications for electrical equipment procurement, assess equipment bids, and participate in vendor selection.
- Review and authorize electrical equipment submittals from suppliers, local utilities, and customer engineers.
- Determine settings for protective relays (transformer, feeder, and motor) and configure relays as needed.
- Perform motor starting studies and oversee electrical system data provided by equipment suppliers.
- Coordinate with Controls Engineer, Systems Engineer, and SCADA system supplier to ensure accurate representation of electrical system I/O on the Process and Instrument Diagram.
- Create and manage detailed cable schedules for fabrication and construction purposes.
- Inspect and test electrical distribution equipment in vendor shops and on-site during commissioning.
- Develop and maintain Medium and Low Voltage Electrical Single Lines for proposals, projects, and ongoing operations.
- Generate electrical physical and schematic drawings derived from 3D models, illustrating necessary wiring, conduit, and cable tray installations for equipment connectivity.
- Review and approve electrical submittals from contractors and fabricators.
- Prepare comprehensive design/fabrication packages for specialized panels (e.g., Remote Breaker Control Panel) and create unique control schematics for equipment (e.g., Glycol pumps with Hand/Off/Auto mode).
- Identify and resolve electrical issues encountered during fabrication, construction, commissioning, and ongoing plant operations.
- Liaise with utility companies as needed regarding electrical supply and incentives.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Harrison Roberts
SUBMIT YOUR CV
Biogas Process Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here Senior Process Engineer (BioGas Projects) Join our dynamic team at a leading global...
Analog IC Design Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here Senior Analog / Mixed-Signal Engineer Job Summary The company invites qualified candidates to...
Analog Mixed Signal Layout Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here IC Layout Engineer This role is an integral part of a circuit design...
NORWEGIAN TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.